There are more than a dozen of these monitors out there with various brands and sizes to choose from. ViewSonic has been in the visual technology industry since 1987, specifically CRT monitors, liquid crystal displays, projectors, plasma displays, and HDTV technology. Today, I would like to focus on the 24-Inch size display monitors by ViewSonic. Specifically the 24-Inch size, would consider the perfect viewing display for a standard monitor for any small or big projects. The model I’ve been experiencing hands on is the VX2450WM 24-Inch Widescreen LED-Lit LCD monitor.
I’ve setup and installed these monitors in various ways by dual configurations with these (2) side by side connections to both DVI (Digital Visual Interface) and old school style VGA (Video Graphics Array). To get the full capacity of the viewing, my candid advice is to connect the monitor via DVI as supposed to VGA to put a full High Definition 1080p resolution. The price is very reasonable, if you search online you may find at Amazon for around $297.00. I want to go down the list and take a look on the brief description of this monitor:
- 24″ (23.6″ Vis) Widescreen LED monitor with up to 50% energy saving.
- 1920x1080p full HD resolution, 20,000,000:1 MEGA Contrast Ratio, 5ms Response Time.
- DVI and VGA Inputs for Diverse Connectivity Options.
- Integrated Stereo Speakers. (I really don’t care much on this feature).
- VESA mount compliant 100mm x 100mm. For wall mount or monitor stands.
- Highest grade panel with the best pixel performance policy in the industry.
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 X 22.33 X 17.5 inches; 9.9 pounds.
According to ViewSonic, the VX2450WM-LED features a mercury-free LED backlight – meaning; more energy efficient and their display is much better than ordinary LCD monitors. LEDs are able to create a much purer white level, and thus, a much larger colour gamut. I would like to mention the stunning full High Definition 1920X1080 resolution in which magnify this monitor. Another awesome feature is the display’s automatic aspect ratio adjustment that allows inputs from 4:3 signals to be accurately represented in the center without stretching.
The PROs: are mentioned on the above description.
The Cons: Listed below –
- NO HDMI input.
- Actually – 23.6 viewable.
- Flimsy – be careful on handling. Not so much a bad thing.
- NO 360 angle movement or will it not slide up or down for adjustment.
- According to Amazon.com, date first available on August 2nd, 2010 (old technology).
Overall, a very good LED widescreen LCD monitor it comes with a standard manufacturer warranty up to 3 years. Very reliable as for everyday assignment, no misrepresentation, it works as advertise, the stunning full HD 1920X1080 resolution and very light to handle. I solely recommend this product to a friend.