Uber is world famous Cab service. Everyone needs to know how to be an Uber driver. To get answers to the most frequent queries, we conducted an interview with an Uber driver that will help you to get familiar with drivers point of view about Uber.
Why did you join Uber?
Driving is my passion and when I am getting paid for driving it’s hilarious, and nothing is better than making your passion as a career.
How to Sign Up for Uber?
To join Uber, I downloaded Uber App from the app store and completed signup process. You can also get this app from Google store or by going directly to the website. Signing up with Uber is a simple process, and it took me 1 minute to complete.
What are the requirement and documents do you need to join Uber?
After signing up, I had to complete the documentation required by UBER. While going with UBER one must fulfill these requirements:
- 21 years of age or older.
- Three years driving experience.
- Driver Requirements
- Car insurance in your name.
- Car registration, it does not need to be in your name.
- Commercial Driver’s License.
- Social Security Number for a background check.
Do you need to get any Background Check to join Uber?
Yes to join Uber your will have to go through background check you should have
- Clean driving record.
- Pass a background check.
- Background check: make sure that in the past seven years you have had
- No DUI or drug-related offenses.
- No incidents of driving without insurance or license.
- No fatal accidents
- No history of reckless driving.
- No criminal history.
Uber Driver Car Requirements
- The UberX vehicle requirements are:
- 4-door sedan must have four seats to accommodate 4 or more passengers.
- No marked, taxi, or salvaged vehicles.
- Pass Uber vehicle inspection.
- The car must be currently registered, but your name does not have to be on the registration.
- Uber SELECT approved vehicles.
- Acura: RDX, RLX, TL, TLX, ILX.
- Audi: A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, S3, S4, S6, Q3, Q5, Q7.
- BMW: 3-series, 5-series, 7-series, X1, X3, X4, X5, X6.
- Cadillac: ATS, CTS, DTS, SRX, XTS.
- Hyundai: Genesis, Equus.
- Infiniti: EX, FX, G, JX, M, Q, QX50, QX70.
- Jaguar: XF, XJ.
- Kia: K900.
- Land Rover: Range Rover.
- Lexus: ES, IS, NX, RX, GS, GX, LS.
- Lincoln: MKT, MKS, MKX, MKZ, MKC, Town Car.
- Mercedes-Benz: C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, G-Class, GLK-Class, M-Class, R-Class.
- Porsche: Macan, Cayenne, Panamera.
- Tesla: Model S.
- Volvo: S60, S80, XC90.
Here’s the URL link for NYC Vehicle list.
e.g. – Below are the list of NYC acceptable vehicles.
SEATS 4 PASSENGERS COMFORTABLY
– Toyota Camry, Prius
– Honda Accord, CRV
– Nissan Altima, Maxima
– Lincoln Town car
SEATS 6 PASSENGERS
– Toyota Highlander
– Nissan Pathfinder
– Dodge Caravan
– Toyota Sienna
SEATS 4 PASSENGERS
– BMW 7 Series
– Mercedes S-Class
– Cadillac XTS
– Lexus LS460
FULL-SIZED LUXURY SUV
SEATS 6 PASSENGERS
– GMC Yukon Denali
– Cadillac Escalade
– Lincoln Navigator
– Ford Expedition
What type of insurance do you need?
You should have appropriate insurance. Having a regular, private car insurance or van insurance is not legal and applicable if you’re carrying a paying customer. You’ll need commercial private hire vehicle insurance for being an Uber driver. This insurance offers cover for hire or reward. You must also ensure that you have suitable public liability insurance, whether through Uber, the vehicle policy or a separate source.
How to maintain to be a good Uber Driver and get rated?
You can get a good rating from the customers if you provide them satisfactory service. Your rating will be assessed on different criteria.
If you offer a drink or mint, either rider takes it or not, but its good giving importance to the rider. Your route selection is very important, most of the customer complaint comprise of bad route selection. The route should be short, fast and comfortable. One should give importance to Car cleanliness, confidence on driver, professionalism and attitude work effectively to get a good rating. One should mount the phone in the car as the customer will be satisfied if he/she will see Uber on your phone and will be assured that he got the right taxi.
How can you Cancel Uber Account?
If I am not happy with the Uber in any case and if I want to cancel my account with the Uber I can do it easily by sending an email to [email protected].
In my opinion to be a driver with Uber is an easy process. Nowadays phone app has made it very convenient for everyone. And its rating process will keep rewarding good driver. This is the most appreciated feature in my eyes. I hope you enjoy this quick review. Have great day! Comments and recommendations is suggested.