What is malware? according to Microsoft, malware is short for “malicious software”. Malware is any kind of unwanted software that is installed without your adequate consent. Viruses, worms, and Trojan horses are examples of malicious software that are often grouped together and referred to as malware.
Lately there have been multiple anti-malware applications out in the market. I started to performed my research and begin reading most of the reviews written in the malware forum website. A company based in San Jose, CA known as “Malware bytes” produced this anti-malware program that detects and eliminates malware your antivirus will miss. This anti-malware program performs among other things such as malicious website blocking, real-time protection, and scan with update scheduler, removes root kits and repairs the files they damage. Very impressive right? Absolutely yes!
Here’s the reason why: You can completely download the program for FREE from their website! But, there is limitation when it comes to anything FREE. It can only do the following: Detects and eliminates malware your antivirus will miss, Removes root kit and repairs the files they damage and employs industry-leading technology to completely remove malware code. According to Malware bytes at no risk free you can download it for 14-day trial.
I purchased the physical box “Malware bytes” the PRO edition about 1 year ago. I cannot say if they still sale this version in the store. When you visit their website things have change. There are various ways to can purchase the product from their website. I solely recommend purchasing the license feature; You have several options to choose, such as for Home, business, or the professional technicians. For example, if you are a home user purchase the Premium version which is for 1 year / 3 PCs for only $24.95. When it comes to protecting your valuable data this is an absolute investment for the very low price.
If you decide to purchase the Premium version, here’s how it works for you and the benefits:
- Includes anti-malware and anti-spyware.
- Nasty website blocking.
- Using real-time protection, this feature it does absolutely work every time!
- Heuristic detection – meaning; to analyze the suspicious file’s characteristics and behavior to determine if it is indeed malware.
- Integrated Malware bytes Anti-Root kit- what is an Anti-Root kit? According to Wikipedia a Root Kit is a stealthy type of software, typically malicious, designed to hide the existence of certain processes or programs from normal methods of detections and enable continued privileged access to a computer.
- Hyper Scan mode – meaning; faster by only looking for active threats.
- Scan/Database updates scheduler – schedule your scanning time and date. Malware bytes are up to date.
- Integrated Malware bytes chameleon – meaning; self-protection for the premium version it is available under the advance settings. Enhanced version of malicious website.
- Advanced malware removal
- Antivirus compatibility – meaning; it works along side with your current anti-virus program.
Bottom line: This program absolutely works! It does as it’s advertised. I can validate to that, since I have been using the product for about 1 year now and I have no issues to report. For the low price you cannot beat it and worth every penny. Hope you enjoy this article and I will update you on my next post.