AVG stands for “Anti-Virus Guard” and it is a product of AVG technologies. As far back as I know, AVG has always known for their FREE version of Anti-Virus application that protects your computer against PC viruses and also malware that does not require much configuration, saves you time and headaches. Back in 2006, AVG Anti-Virus FREE edition was good, but I would NOT count on it to be your main source to completely removing any malicious viruses. Anything that is offered for FREE, have limitations with basic protection from viruses and spyware. AVG Free Anti-Virus edition is one of the most popular free antivirus software in the market. As the years go by, AVG free Anti-Virus has gotten better in every aspect.
I do not want to go in details of the protection and benefits as to the FREE version, but as of today AVG FREE Anti-Virus has greatly improve. I’m just going to jot down a quick list of the limitations when it comes to FREE.
- Less protection – obviously you see this coming. It lacked anti-rootkit protection until 2010. Depending on the various versions.
- Irregular updates – lower priority service.
- No technical support – Zero support on your own.
- Less customization – has to do with the scheduling configuration.
- No server support – DO NOT install on any server operating systems! Basically it cannot be used for scanning network drives.
Since it’s free – the free edition is ONLY license for home and NON-commercial use on a single computer. Please, follow the rules and if you decide for the paid version you can easily download from their website @http://goo.gl/lZKnyC
As of today, the Android version for mobile devices has been very good – I’m very impress. You can check it out for yourself @Google Play – http://goo.gl/xojPxS.
Here’s the quick checklist:
✔ Scan apps, settings, files & media in real time
✔ Enable finding/locating your lost / stolen phone via Google Maps™
✔ Lock / wipe your device to protect your privacy
✔ Kill tasks that slow your device
✔ Browse the web safely & securely
✔ Monitor battery, storage and data package usage
Once, the app. is installed on your Android device it will run in the background and you do not have to do anything else.
The upcoming version is the PC 2015 Free Edition (Build 5557a8402) offering free-of-charge antivirus protection for the masses of users around the realm.
Again, anything offered for free has its limitation. Going down the check list:
- DO NOT – use it for business or commercial use EVER! The free edition always intended for private, non-commercial, single home use only!
- Not feasible whatsoever! Cannot be installed on server operating systems.
- Limited scheduling – meaning: Only one scheduled update reporting. Process of priority is not included.
This short review is focus on the AVG Free Anti-Virus, but on my next review I will talk about the paid version. If you decide to take the plunge on installing the latest version of the Free Anti-Virus version 2015, here’s the safe URL link for you to download @http://goo.gl/a0XrOL. When you take a look at PC ANTIVIRUS Reviews @http://goo.gl/jPe3WA it ranked 5th on the chart. Still undecided and want more information. I would recommend checking out their FAQ page @ http://goo.gl/UK4IYy. Give it a try or do your own research then compare to other free version of Anti-Virus programs that is being offered on the web. Any questions or concern please email me, and good luck!